Customers may make a warranty claim for damaged or defective items with proof of purchase: sales invoice, receipt, or itemized packing slip with price paid at time of purchase. All warrantied items are subject to an inspection by Alaska Gear Company / ABI / Airframes Alaska and/or the item’s third-party manufacturer. Refunds or exchanges for warrantied items will be issued at the discretion of Alaska Gear Company and/or the item’s manufacturer.
- Warranty protection, when offered, will vary between manufacturers and product lines.
- Damage or malfunction determined to be the result of user/installer error will not typically be covered.
- It is generally not our policy to replace warrantied items from third-party manufacturers from stock without prior return authorization and assurance of replacement by the manufacturer.
- Items manufactured by Airframes Alaska / ABI / Alaska Gear Company that are found to be defective will be either refunded, repaired, or replaced at the company’s discretion.
- Where repair is not possible, replacement from stock of warrantied items manufactured by Airframes Alaska / ABI / Alaska Gear Company will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All products manufactured by Airframes Alaska / ABI (with the exception of Bushwheels tires) come with a Limited Warranty for one year from the date of sale to the original purchaser.
- Bushwheels come with a 5-year pro rata warranty: warranty claims determined to be the result of manufacturing defects will be refunded 100% of the original purchase, pro-rated at 20% per year after the date of purchase. This warranty is non-transferrable.
- All items manufactured by Alaska Gear Company are covered by a limited warranty that guarantees against manufacturing defects. Damage due to a natural breakdown of materials that occurs inevitably with extended use, including UV light damage and worn out zippers, is not be covered under the warranty.
- If a repair is not covered under warranty, we may be able to provide the necessary repair service (depending on the nature of the damage) for a reasonable charge, plus shipping and handling. Items that are sent back for repair must be clean and dry. NOTE: We reserve the right to return dirty items without completing the repair work.
- Customers should send the product that needs repair to us, postage prepaid, along with a description of the work that needs to be done and your contact information. Contact Alaska Gear Company prior to sending back items for repair/replacement.
SLED WARRANTY INFORMATION
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Siglin Sleds, Cross Fox Sleds, Siglin Pulks, and custom sleds purchased from Alaska Gear Company or an Authorized Dealer are backed by a 1 Year Limited Warranty when used on snow with the vehicles for which they are designed, and for the purposes for which they were intended. If one of these products exhibits structural or functional defects, Alaska Gear Company will repair or replace it, at their option, at no cost to the original purchaser.
INCORRECT STORAGE OR USE VOIDS WARRANTY
Alaska Gear Company products manufactured from UHMW plastic should be stored out of direct sunlight; failure to do so speeds up the ultraviolet (UV) degradation of the UHMW. Use of Alaska Gear Company products on terrain without snow cover voids this warranty, and any abrasion and wear resulting from such use will not be covered. Alaska Gear Company products purchased from unauthorized dealers or third parties are not covered by this warranty. Use of Alaska Gear Company products to transport people voids this warranty. Use of Alaska Gear Company products in any illegal activity voids this warranty.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
For repair or replacement of a Alaska Gear Company product covered under this warranty, contact Alaska Gear Company by calling (907) 331-4480 or by email at email@example.com. Product must be shipped at customers’ expense along with proof that their product was purchased from Alaska Gear Company or an Authorized Dealer. No returns will be accepted without prior approval. No returns will be accepted on custom sleds unless damage is covered under this warranty.
EXTENT OF WARRANTY
Any defective Northern Sled Works product properly returned to Alaska Gear Company will be replaced upon inspection. Alaska Gear Company reserves the right to determine whether the terms of this warranty, set forth above, have been properly complied with. In the event that the terms are not complied with, Alaska Gear Company shall be under no obligation to honor this warranty. Alaska Gear Company will not be responsible for any indirect, consequential, special, contingent, or other damages.